Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Far Away"

This song right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UHBkWrzZ-Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was told those 3 important words tonight after that song played. He told me "remember that song, can you do that?" A few weeks ago, I would have said it back in a heartbeat, but tonight, tonight I hesitated for sp long that neither of us were even sure that I was going to say it back. So I went on instinct. Never have I ever been told the words "I love you" in a more genuine moment of time. And I will probably cherish that moment for as long as possible.

He said he was really scared but something about my eyes made it feel right to say it. How am I supposed to respond to that? I'll tell you how: I don't. That's it, there's no way to respond to that. The last person I told "I love you" to practically destroyed me & now I am unbelievably scared to feel love again out of fear of getting hurt again. I know that I can't dwell on the past and believe me, I am trying not to, but being afraid to love again doesn't mean I'm dwelling on the past.

The whole night began with me not really knowing how to act around him because of something that happened the other day, so I was extremely & unusually quiet. He naturally assumed that something was wrong & that I was mad at him or didn't want to be with him. I couldn't tell him the real reason behind my actions so I naturally said nothing was wrong. Now I know that I have a keeper when instead of taking me home, he took me to a spot looking out at the water to try getting me to tell him what was wrong. I didn't.

I fall for him more and more every day but at the same time, I go deeper and deeper into my "don't show emotions" cave and it has me so confused. I honestly don't know what I am feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment